Join GayCities, the fun way to discover the worldSee where your friends and people like you are going and what they say about places and events worldwide.
Want advice? Add a question
Hey Folks, I'm travelling to Orlando In November this year with my fiancé. We would like to know if Orlando is gay friendly in general or are there particular places we should avoid for homophobia reasons? Thanks, Allan
4 answers to this question
Visit Hank's bar and/or Camp David in Inverness fl.
I still do not know the places gays Orlando and would like to have a friend to show me the interesting places.
Thank you so much for the information JohnREHDennis! This is all very helpful. We're from Ireland so this is a pretty big trip. Finding time to fit everything in is going to be tricky in a 10 day window. I was in Orlando with my parents back in 1996 when I was only 13. We had a blast of course. I can't wait to return this November and we shall be there for Thanksgiving too!
Yes, Orlando is pretty gay friendly. A great resort/club is the Parliament House. Great drag shows. Wed. nights are Camp Drag where they pull people from the crowd and drag them out. SUPER FUN! There is Revolution, Savoy, and Wyldes which is a cute little whole in the wall bar. I would personally stay away from Hank's, unless a hook up bar is a place you'd like to visit. Gay marriage is of course not legal, but Orlando is gay friendly enough to have a Domestic Partnership Registry. I know apart from Orlando Ft. Laud is VERY gay friendly, with Wilton Manors being it's gayborhood. Also Key West is VERY gay friendly as well.
Newest Orlando Questions
- Hello there - I will be in Orlando in May for meetings - am booked in at the Rosen Plaza Hotel - is that a good hotel?
- Hello - will be in Orlando, FL in May for a conference. Looking for some ideas hangout after work hours. I am Asian looking for bears. Like the saunas but not sure if that is the place to be - just looking for some casual fun :)
- I am travelling to Orlando in March 1st, I would like to meet friendly guys, for get out and explore the city.. My english is basic, I speak spanish... I will stay in Parliament House, is it a good place? Eduardo
- I want yo take someone on a special date on friday. We are going to commit, sugestions on places that have that special touch or private area? Please! Thank you!!
- I'm new to the Orlando area, and I was wondering where some good places for young guys to meet up with would be?